Call for Workshops
In addition to the scientific and the industrial programme, the BTW 2017 also offers several workshops that
allow for in-depth discussions. Therefore, we are accepting proposals for workshops which can be either 1/2 or
1 day. A workshop proposal in PDF format should not exceed 3 pages and should contain the following:
- Names, affiliations, and e-mail addresses of the workshop organizers. Please mark the primary contact
- A brief description of the workshop, including the workshop's name and topic, and a short summary of the
technical issues in the focus of the workshop.
- A sketch of the workshop's Call for Papers.
- Preferred workshop duration, format and an estimate of the number of expected participants.
- Information if proceedings are planned for the workshop and whether these proceedings would be organized by
the workshop organizers themselves or an integration into comprehensive workshop proceedings would be
- Short information on previous editions of the workshop series (if applicable).
From a logistics perspective, please consider the following:
- Workshops will take place in the same location as BTW 2017 and will be held from March 6 to March 7,
directly before the main conference.
- Workshop fees are included in the registration of BTW 2017 tickets, but participants can separately
register for workshops only.
- Workshops will benefit from the BTW 2017 organisational infrastructure.
- The workshop organisers are expected to work with the BTW 2017 local organisers on the details and
publicity aspects of the workshop.
- The authors of the best workshop contributions will be invited to publish an extended version of their work
in a issue of Datenbank-Spektrum „Ausgewählte Beiträge von den Workshops der BTW 2017“.
Workshop proposals are submitted via CMT:
Important dates can be found here.